This policy was last updated January 1st, 2021.
Information we collect
During the regular operation of this website, we collect information about you and the way you use this website. The information we collect falls into the following categories:
- Personal information you provide directly to us
- Personal information you direct through our site
- Non-personal information we collect about you
Personal information you provide directly to us
This site only has access to the directly-identifying information that you voluntarily provide to us via email, our contact form, or other direct form of communication.
Some aspects of the site require direct communication between Say Tea and the user. In order to complete these communications, the user may provide us with some personally-identifying information that allows us to carry out their request. For example:
- Contacting us via the contact form
- When you contact us via the contact form on our website, we ask you to provide your name, email address, and optionally phone number. This personal information is collected so that we can properly respond to the question or issue you submit to us, and not used for other purposes.
- Emailing us with an order request
- When you contact us with the particulars of your order, we may also ask you to provide your name, phone number, and/or mailing address. For security purposes, other information, such as your credit card number, will be requested either in person or over the phone. We require this information so that we can communicate with you about the progress of your order, and so that we can prepare it for pickup in store or for delivery. None of the information we request will be used for any other purpose.
Depending on how you use the site, you may consent to voluntarily provide us with some or all of the following information: your name, your email address, your phone number, and your address. We do not use any of this information for any purpose outside of that for which it was originally provided or as directed by law.
Non-personal information we collect about you
When you access the site, we automatically receive information such as your IP address, the pages on our site that you visit, your type of device and operating system, the browser that you use, the city you are browsing from, the date and time of your visits, keywords entered into our search engine, and other such non-personal information. This information is then combined with the information of other users so that we can get an idea of what our customer base looks like in aggregate.
We use this information for purposes such as identifying the pages that you use and the ones you don’t, determining the devices our websites should have full compatibility with, pinpointing the products and services users are most interested in, and learning which changes are positively impacting user experiences; in short, ensuring that the site works as well as it can for everyone that is using it. We do not attempt to link this information to individual users of the site.
What we do with your information
We only use the information as specified above for the purposes to which it was provided: for example, when the user contacts us through the contact form, we only use the information the user provides to continue the communication with that user; when the user places an order via email, we only use the information the user provides to ensure the accuracy of the order and to ship the order, if required; when the user accesses the site, we only use non-identifying information in aggregate to help improve site performance.
We do not share your personally-identifying information with any third parties except as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the information was submitted, such as providing the shipping address to a delivery service, or as required by law.
Your access to your information
At any time, you can contact us to see what kind of data we have about you, correct or clarify that data, or have us delete it.
Say Tea takes every precaution to ensure that we do not share your personally-identifying information with third parties except as explicitly necessary, and that the access on site is limited to specific employees completing the specific tasks for which the information was submitted. We take your security seriously, and we do our best to protect your personal information.